Baking: Banana Bread.
I had a real craving for a slice of banana bread this afternoon and seeing as the boy was sleeping I thought i'd try my hand at one. I found this recipe on the BBC food website. It actually didn't turn out too bad, it didn't rise as much as I thought it was going to but it still tastes pretty good!
- 140g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 140g self-raising flour
- 2 very ripe bananas, mushed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g icing sugar
- handful dried banana chips, for decoration (I used Reese dessert toppings)
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment (I had cases for my tin)
2. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Crack open and add both eggs.
4. Fold in the flour...
The baking powder and Banana
5. Pour into tin, add toppings then bake for about 30 minutes (Mine took about 36-37 minutes) until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
6. Mix the icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make runny icing and then drizzle over the cooled loaf.